Looking for small precision machined parts? Shenzhen JC Rapid MFG Factory has been providing service of precision CNC turn-milling , CNC Swiss screw, and center-less grinding since 2002. Typical applications include armatures, axles, bolts, bushings, couplings, drive shafts, pins, fasteners, spacers and much more.
At JC Rapid, We have state-of-the-art turning-milling machining centers, CNC Swiss screw machines, CNC turning centers as well as other screw machines for simple, but precise parts. Precision machined Swiss parts are our specialty. Our equipment gives us flexibility to make parts that meet your budget and deadline goals.
We’re focused on providing fast reliable service and top quality parts in Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Hydraulic, Lighting, Medical, Safety, Switchgear, Transport, Telecoms and Leisure markets. We provide precision manufactured parts to the United States, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Hungary, Switzerland, Japan and so on
There are many factors that make JC Rapid the industry-leader when it comes to custom parts production in the field of turning-milling, but what it really boils down to is our unmatched speed, quality and affordability. Our Proprietary quality-driven process and Advanced production System are at the heart of our operation, but are just two components of our technology platform that has been meticulously designed that not only permits the production of high quality parts, but also streamlines every step, from quotes to shipping, adding value to the customer experience and ensuring the most affordable, controllable and consistent manufacturing process.
What is CNC Turning?
CNC Turning is the manufacturing process in which bars of material are held in a chuck and rotated while a tool is fed to the piece to remove material to create the desired shape. If the center has both turning and milling capabilities, such as the one above, the rotation can be stopped to allow for milling out of other shapes. Turning parts on CNC turning centers allows for a wide range of complexities, sizes, and material types.
- The starting material, though usual round, can be other shapes such as squares or hexagons. Each bar shape and size may require a specific “collet” ( a subtype of chuck—that forms a collar around the object).
- Depending on the bar feeder, the bar length can vary.
- CNC lathes or turning centers have tooling mounted on a turret which is computer-controlled.
- CNC’s with “live” tooling, such as those at JC Rapid, can also stop the rotation and add additional features such as drilled holes, slots and milled surfaces.
- Some CNC turning centers have one spindle, allowing work to be done all from one side, while other turning centers, such as the one shown above, have two spindles, a main and sub-spindle. A part can be partially machined on the main spindle, moved to the sub-spindle and have additional work done to the other side this configuration.
- There are many different kinds of CNC turning centers with various types of tooling options, spindle options, and outer diameter limitations.
Is my part a good fit for CNC turning?
While a lot of factors go into determining if a part can be made most cost-effectively on a CNC turning center, some things we look at are:
- How many parts are needed short-term and long-term? CNC turning centers are generally good for prototypes to short-run volumes.
- What is the largest OD on the part? For the CNC turning centers at JC Rapid, the maximum OD for colleted (bar feed-capable) parts is 2.5.”
- Parts over 2.5″ OD are chucked individually, which depending on volume, can contribute to the price.
- Parts under 1.25″ OD and medium to high volume may be a better fit for the Swiss screw machines.
- When it comes to machining parts, there are a lot of variables. JC Rapid can help you determine the best way to have your parts made. We have multiple machining platforms and will look for the most economical fit. Even if our equipment is not the best fit for your part, we can point you in the right direction. Contact us for help with your requirements.
Why buy CNC Turned parts from JC Rapid?
One-stop Shopping – prototyping through high-volume production
Design engineers value our commitment to rapid prototyping with a dedicated CNC. We know that when you’re testing your ideas, you need fast turn-around on quotes and parts. We’re here to make your job easier by providing feedback that only comes from experience. And when you’re ready for production, your supplier development and purchasing team will be glad you’re working with one company that can handle the volume with the same quality as the prototype.
Machining Options – newest generation CNC Turning Centers in-house
Prototype Capacity – dedicated CNC Turning Center solely for prototypes
Prototyping and short-runs are an important part of our business. We have dedicated a CNC turning center solely for prototypes.
Quick Responses – DFM reviews and quotes when you need them
Our team of experienced professionals can provide “Design for engineering” (DFM) support and let you know production feasibility. We know that when you’re testing your ideas, you need fast turn-around on quotes and we’re ready to help. Quality CNC turned parts are best built with great relationships!
Lead-Times – provide your clients a competitive advantage
All our capabilities and experience add up to shorter lead-times. When you’re ready for a prototype, we know delivery is critical. We have resources set aside to ensure quick delivery on prototype orders.
Materials and processing characteristics
Inventory Control – customized Supplier Managed Inventory options
At JC Rapid, our inventory programs are as unique as our customers. We understand the challenges of forecasting and offering stocking programs at no additional cost. With our on-hand stock, we’re there when there’s a spike in demand.
We know that bringing on a new supplier can be time-consuming. Our dedicated Quality Assurance staff and experienced operations team will help make that process run smoothly. By working with JC Rapid, OEM’s receive the added value of supplier diversity spend, since we are a certified Woman-Owned business, as recognized by the WBENC, WOSB, and California’s Public Utilities.